Monday 26 October 2015

LADY@LXG: The LADY discovers the ultimate matte lip colour!

"Of course true beauty comes from within, but lipstick just adds a little pizzaz...and who doesn't need a little pizzaz in their life?"

I personally find that its not easy to wear matte shades, be they lip colour or nail polish, as they can be quite unforgiving, highlighting every single flaw and sleight of hand, unlike their glossy counterparts.

However, having said that, I recently splurged on a matte lipstick in the most divine plum shade for almost $70, but  sadly it ended up making me look like an aging vampire. 

Note to self, avoid matte lipsticks in very dark shades, as it ages, ironically due to the matte and drying effect of the lipstick.

This is why, I was initially skeptical about trying out another matte lip colour, but as always, I couldn't resist the lovely shades at the counter and the very, very attractive price. 

What makes this lip colour even more cool is that it is not tested on animals, which means a lot to me personally, being a mummy to six fur-kids. It also has no fragrance, no carmine, and no paraben so I can wear it confidently, without worrying about damaging or discolouring my lips. I decided to play it safe this time and get a more natural shade and I must admit that I was so impressed that a product that was so wallet-friendly, could be so good in quality. 

The balm was silky smooth against my lips thanks to the Calendula Flower Oil, White Mulberry Extract and Vitamin E, and the pigment was strong enough to give me a thick coat of colour after just one pass with the pencil. Although matte, its very silky and smooth and does not age me at all. Over all, I love the range of colours, the fact that its long lasting and that the price is so affordable that I could buy all six-shades without breaking the bank. 

SILKYGIRL Matte Fever Lipcolor Balm retails for $13.90 at all major pharmacies, personal care and departmental stores and is available in six flattering shades: Flame, Desire, Charm, Siren, Passion and Vogue

No comments:

Post a Comment